ShadeIt is a simple to use OS X application that will dim your screen even more than your Mac's default monitor settings will allow. This is will more useful at night when you want to work without room lights switched on.
ShadeIt comes with support for multiple monitors and spaces and will allow you to quickly adjust the brightness from your Mac's menu bar or by using the (user-defined) hot keys.
In the preferences, you can assign the hot keys and define whether ShadeIt should be launched log in or not.
NOTE: To download ShadeIt via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now supports Exposé.
· New Preferences switch to show the Dock icon.
· New control to adjust the system volume.
· New Sleep Timer can set the computer into sleep mode after a defined time.
· Fixed crash in shortcut recorder under Lion.
· App icon slightly changed.