SecureHome is an OS X app which turns your Mac into a fully functional home security system, providing an economical alternative to traditional home security systems.
Using your Macs built-in microphone and speaker (or external microphones and speakers), SecureHome will detect any sound exceeding a user-defined threshold, optionally sound an alarm to scare intruders, and email your smartphone so you can call the police.
NOTE: To buy SecureHome via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "SecureHome":
· Alarm Sound: SecureHome Sounds an alarm to scare off intruders
· Email Alerts: SecureHome sends an alert to your smartphone with an audio file that enables you to hear the sound that triggered the alarm
· Movies: SecureHome uploads a movie to your Dropbox folder so that you can view the intruder via your smartphone
· Remote Control: You can disable your alarm using your smartphone
· Calibration Plots: View audio levels in real-time to help tune the sensitivity
· Numerous customizable features: Control the alarm settings, sound settings, video settings, and email settings using an intuitive interface.
· Sounds an alarm to scare off intruders
· Sends an alert to your smartphone with an audio file that enables you to listen to the sound that triggered the alarm!
· Numerous customizable options including sound threshold level, sound file format, and more.
· View audio levels in real-time to help you tune the sensitivity
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes a bug with mail settings
· Ensures status correctly says 'On' when armed by the iPhone app