Scrambler is a simple and menu bar based Mac utility that will help you to quickly and easily encrypt your files via drag and drop.
All you have to do is to drag a file on Scrambler’s icon in the menu bar, type a password, and click the encrypt button.
To decrypt, just drag the scrambled file back on Scrambler and type in the same password.
NOTE: To buy Scrambler via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Scrambler":
· Uses industry-standard tar archiving and gzip compression
· Uses secure industry-standard AES-256 encryption
· Preserves Mac OS X metadata of files, including extended attributes
· 64-bit processor
· 5 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes a bug where users with Macs running over network drives were not able to properly use the “source folder” feature.
· Fixes a bug where users could, in some cases, not properly select folders in the open dialog that appears before encryption/decryption.