Readerware is the tool for book lovers, collectors, researchers, anyone who has to catalog and maintain a library.
Readerware is easy to use yet powerful enough to manage the largest collections.
Readerware is a book lovers dream come true.
Here are some key features of "Readerware":
· A powerful SQL database to store and track your library. It can store thousands of titles.
· Built in internet support and browser integration. Readerware can search the internet and automatically catalog the books you own, complete with cover art. There is no simpler way of cataloging your library. It eliminates the chore of manual data entry.
· Bar code reader support, literally catalog a book at the swipe of a bar code wand.
· User friendly database searches. Search on virtually any field. No database knowledge needed!
· Support for multiple databases, create as many databases as you want or store everything in a single database.
· Fully integrated shopping cart with price comparison, secure online ordering, browsing and searching of all the major online retailers.
· Online publishing, publish all or parts of your library on the internet.
· Sophisticated reporting to produce hard copy listings of your library.
· Easy to use, configurable operation. Includes table, tree and fish eye data views.
· Powerful import/export capabilities.
· Full online help
· Palm Pilot support.
· 256 MB RAM
· 50 MB of free disk space
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a new export option to escape new lines. Readerware will translate new lines in fields to '\n'. New lines in fields were causing problems in some products, FileMaker primarily.
· Export no longer includes the currency symbol in price fields.
· Fixed an exception printing a report of more than 100 pages.
· Readerware was sorting loan dates alphabetically, it now sorts loans in date order.
· Loan stats were not always updated.
· Improved the database connection error message when trying to connect to a Readerware server. It now explains the situation better and offers suggestions.
· Fixed a Readerware 3 database conversion exception caused by a damaged image file.
· RW - Books can now transfer chapters to a mobile device.