RapidSpell Desktop Java is a spelling software that can add dialog and as-you-type spell checking to any GUI/nonGUI textual Java application (email, word processor etc) with a couple of lines of code.
Can also be used on servers to provide spell checking functionality. A clean API and no native code mean a rapid and simple implementation task.
Uses, combined or separate customizable 140,000 word U.S. and U.K. dictionaries (and user dictionary), multi-threaded GUI and a powerful suggestion engine. Australian and Canadian English dictionaries are included.
Here are some key features of "RapidSpell Desktop Java":
· The RapidSpellGUI Bean provides all the usual features, add, change, change all, ignore, ignore all, and smart suggestions. It interactively checks ANY JTextComponent derived component such as JEditorPane, JTextPane, JTextArea and JTextField - checks selections, whole documents with wrap at end, highlights errors, accepts manual corrections, allows user to edit main document during spell check and also supports a user dictionary.
· The RapidSpellAsYouType Bean provides as-you-type checking with full in-document highlighting in any JTextComponent derived component. RapidSpellAsYouType highlights errors as they are typed/pasted/edited, providing suggestions in a right-click context menu.
· The nonGUI Bean provides core spell checker functionality suitable for deep integration, user interface rewrites or console applications. It has been clocked at 50,000 words/sec on a basic 1GHz PC. The main dictionary may be customized or created from scratch with our free Dict Manager tool.
· RapidSpell includes Dict Manager free, which allows complete customization of the dictionaries.
· RapidSpell has built-in multi-lingual support, offering the GUI in several languages. Multiple non English language dictionaries are available.
· The API was designed to provide for easy customization. The GUI can be redesigned by simply extending its class and overriding the design method (an example of this is included). The spell checker engine is 'decoupled' from the GUI making it possible to use custom word parsers with the GUI.
Multiple text box checking:
· The RapidSpellGUI and RapidSpellAsYouType controls can be set to check multiple text boxes on a form, this means that only one instance is used which speeds up design and improves efficiency.
· Java 1.2.2 or later
· Demo does not include any words beginning with 'z' (except for medical dictionaries which do not include English words, only medical)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved speed related bug with certain JDK versions
· RapidSpellGUIDialog class added, extends JDialog instead of JFrame like RapidSpellGUI
· New memory optimization properties added
· Improved as you type performance in large documents
· It is now possible to customize the popup suggestions menu, and to control underline painting
· Improved suggestions for short (2 or 3 letter) words
· XML/HTML support added to RapidSpellAsYouType