RapidMiner is a unique data mining solution that combines leading edge technologies and functionality.
RapidMiner covers a wide range of real-world data mining tasks. RapidMiner includes more than 400 unique data mining operators.
Furthermore, RapidMiner can be used as a Java data mining library.
Here are some key features of "RapidMiner":
· realy available open-source knowledge discovery environment
· 100% pure Java (runs on every major platform and operating system)
· KD processes are modeled as simple operator trees which is both intuitive and powerful
· operator trees or subtrees can be saved as building blocks for later re-use
· internal XML representation ensures standardized interchange format of data mining experiments
· simple scripting language allowing for automatic large-scale experiments
· multi-layered data view concept ensures efficient and transparent data handling
Flexibility in using RapidMiner:
· graphical user interface (GUI) for interactive prototyping
· command line mode (batch mode) for automated large-scale applications
· Java API (application programming interface) to ease usage of RapidMiner from your own programs
· simple plugin and extension mechanisms, a broad variety of plugins already exists and you can easily add your own
· powerful plotting facility offering a large set of sophisticated high-dimensional visualization techniques for data and models
· more than 400 machine learning, evaluation, in- and output, pre- and post-processing, and visualization operators plus numerous meta optimization schemes
· machine learning library WEKA fully integrated (WEKA web page)
· RapidMiner was successfully applied on a wide range of applications where its rapid prototyping abilities demonstrated their usefulness, including text mining, multimedia mining, feature engineering, data stream mining and tracking drifting concepts, development of ensemble methods, and distributed data mining.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Send Mail operator has a new behavior: Stop process and show error if mail cannot be send
· Send Mail operator has a new parameter: 'Ignore errors'
· Write CSV operator has a new parameter: 'Append to file'
· Write Excel operator has a new parameter: File Format (xls, xlsx)
· New Operator: Reorder Attributes
· Set Macro: now can define empty macros
· BUGFIX: Keep old settings after updating RapidMiner
· BUGFIX: 'Cancel' ParameterTypeList Dialog works correctly now
· BUGFIX: FP-Growth correctly handles parameter 'must contain'
· BUGFIX: Join Operator displays MetaData correctly