Qizx Free Engine is a free software that allows you to store and index XML documents, of any type and size, and to perform searches and transformations on stored documents with great speed and power.
Qizx Free Engine is an embeddable Java engine: this means that it can be the core of a server, or it can be directly embedded in a standalone application.
Qizx Free Engine is based on standards: it fully supports the XQuery language and its extensions XQuery Full-Text and XQuery Update.
Storing documents in Qizx is easy: no DTD or Schema are required, Documents are indexed automatically.
Writing XQuery queries for Qizx Free Engine is easy: it uses its indexes intelligently. With Qizx, there is no need to define and tweak indexes or queries endlessly to get the best performance.
Here are some key features of "Qizx Free Engine":
· Basic features of the XML Query language
· Optional features of the XML Query language: Modules, Full Axis
· In-memory XML documents
· Indexed queries
· Full-text search
· Join optimizations
· Unlimited size
· ACID transactions, hot backup
· Persistent compressed document storage
· General XQuery extension functions
· XML Library handling extension functions
· Java Binding
· Java API
· Source code of applications, API and utilities
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The "health-check" functionality is now capable of fixing damaged document-sets of collections.
· The sync_commit configuration property is now set by default.
· A defect in Collection cache could occasionally lead to invalid document-set properties of collections.
· fixed a memory management issue: a cache used for database storage read-access should have been shared but was not, resulting in an excessive memory consumption. This was a problem only when managing a large number of XML Libraries (100 or more).