With PushDialer, you can initiate outbound calls on your iPhone from the comfort of your Mac desktop (or a supported service or third-party plugin) using Apple's Push Notification Service.
All you have to do is select a number almost anywhere on your computer and easily send it directly to your iPhone in order to call. Pair multiple computers or services with one iPhone and send numbers from everywhere you work. One-time pairing with computers and services is simple and easy.
Works with Address Book and Safari on 10.5 and anywhere OS X detects a phone number when you are running 10.6 / Snow Leopard.
Here are some key features of "PushDialer":
· "Dial on iPhone" OS X Service - PushDialer is a natural integration between Mac OS X and your iPhone, allowing you to dial directly from Mail, Address Book, Safari or anywhere OS X detects a phone number.
· It "Just Works" - Since PushDialer uses Push technology, the application does not need to be running for it to be used. No matter how your iPhone is connected, 3G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi, once it's installed and configured just forget about it - it just works.
· Automator Action - Integrate PushDialer with anything you do on Mac OS X. Dial your iPhone using Automator Workflows, Services, etc.
· One Step Configuration - Setup is painless and easy. No network configuration or user accounts are required, PushDialer contains everything to complete end-to-end setup in one easy step.
· Multiple Pairings - Pair your iPhone with many computers or services and remotely dial your phone from everywhere you work, search and interact.
· An iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0 or greater.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Code-Signed for Mountain Lion Compatibility — We have enabled code signing for this release to allow support for GateKeeper and Mountain Lion.
· Dropped Support for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) — With the release of Mountain Lion we will be maintaining a policy of only supporting the last 3 releases of OS X.
· Removed the Bundled Firefox, Safari and Chrome Extensions — These will now be maintained separately and may be installed from http://pushdialer.com/extensions. They have also been released on GitHub at http://github.com/pushdialer.
· Updated Growl Support — We have brought our Growl support up to date to support the latest versions of Growl.