Preference Manager is designed to help you manage your Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects preference files.
Preference Manager understands that preference files can become corrupt and render the source application unusable or set back its overall performance.
Preference Manager is able to delete these files, which will restore restore the default settings when the application is relaunched. Furthermore, you can backup and restore preferences, or lock them to prevent unintended modification.
NOTE: Preference Manager is freeware and use of this application is at the sole risk of the end-user.
Here are some key features of "Preference Manager":
· Backs up preferences, FCP button bars, keyboard layouts, column layouts, window layouts, track layouts, custom settings, user plugins, Boris text plugin preferences and Compressor settings and destinations
· Can backup and restore individual Avid user settings
· Unlimited backups
· Choose which files to restore from a backup
· Lock preference files to prevent modification
· Auto backups occur before a major action such as trashing and can also be scheduled to occur every few days
· Assign a custom backup location
· Backups are stored in a single file, making it easier to move them to another machine
· Final Cut Pro 4 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved stability when restoring a backup
· General bug fixes, tweaks and improvements