PostgreSQL 9.3.5-1 / 9.4.0 Beta 3
Cross-platform enterprise class database
PostgreSQL is an enterprise class database that comes with sophisticated features such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC), a sophisticated query planner/optimizer, point in time recovery, online/hot backups, tablespaces, asynchronous replication, nested transactions (savepoints), and write ahead logging for fault tolerance.
PostgreSQL also features support for Unicode, international character sets, multibyte character encodings, and it is locale-aware for case-sensitivity, sorting, and formatting.
PostgreSQL is also highly scalable both in the number of concurrent users it can accommodate and in the sheer quantity of data it can manage.
- Runs on all major operating systems, including Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Solaris, Tru64), and Windows.
- Fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages).
- Includes most SQL:2008 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP.
- Supports storage of binary large objects, including pictures, sounds, or video.
- Has native programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, .Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC, among others, and exceptional documentation.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 9.4.0 Beta 3
- Rename pg_recvlogical's --create/--drop to --create-slot/--drop-slot
- Prevent unbounded delay when starting background worker
- Remove num_xloginsert_locks GUC, replace with a #define
- Fix pg_dump's --if-exists for large objects