A window management application for the Mac
Slate was originally created to replace the aforementioned apps due to some limitations in how each work. Slate attempts to overcome them by simply being extremely configurable.
As a result, it may be a bit daunting to get configured, but once it is done, the benefit is huge.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Slate utility on your Mac are available HERE.
- Bind keystrokes to:
- move and/or resize windows
- directionally focus windows
- activate preset layouts
- create, delete, and activate snapshots of the current state of windows
- Set default layouts for different monitor configurations which will activate when that configuration is detected.
- Window Hints: an intuitive way to change window focus
- A better, more customizable, application switcher.
- Highly customizable
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Issue #239 - add events and event listeners
- Issue #252 - allow for integers in screenForRef
- Issue #241 - fix order of operations related issues in corner operation