PDF is a great format to store and share data. However, it is a hassle if there is need to edit the data in PDF tables, such as fix some errors or perform calculation.
PDF to Excel is a program to solve the problems for Mac users. Just with several simple clicks, Mac users can convert read-only PDF tables to fully editable Excel spreadsheets on Mac OS X.
Then whether recovering or modifying the numbers or text in PDF tables is as easy as breeze.
Here are some key features of "PDF to Excel":
PDF to Excel for Mac provides 2 options for the output file:
· Retain value without formatting: This is the default option.
· It allows Mac users to save all the original text, numbers in PDF tables to Excel cells after converting PDF to Excel, without preserving the original formatting.
· Then editing text or performing calculation of numbers as values in PDF tables can't be easier.
· Retain original formatting of forms: This option allows you to preserve text, numbers and formatting in the original PDF file. This option is not suitable for some un-regular PDF tables, as there might be some positioning error that may affect the usual calculation after conversion.
· PDF to Excel for Mac converts PDF to Excel very quickly, it can convert a usual 100 page long PDF file in less than 1 minute. And batch-conversion and partial-conversion are supported, which able to help Mac users work more efficiently.
· Allow users to convert batches of PDF files (maximum 50 PDF files) to Excel spreadsheets at one time.
· This mode is quite convenient when there are batches of PDF files need to convert.
· Allow users to specify page ranges or select specific pages from each PDF file for conversion.
· Page Range, such as page 1-15 or Specific page(s), such as 5,7,14…
· This mode is useful when users just want to extract some pages but not the whole large PDF file.
Encrypted PDF Files Conversion:
· If the PDF is protected by Owner Password: PDF to Excel for Mac can convert the PDF directly without entering the password.
· Owner Password: Password used to protect PDF files from editing, copying and printing.
· If the PDF is protected by User Password: Requires users to enter the user/open password to convert.
· User Password: Password used to protect the files from opening, so it is also called open password sometimes.
Easy to use:
· PDF to Excel for Mac is very easy to use. Users can finish the conversion with just 3 simple steps:
Import – Customize - Convert
· Support drag-and-drop operation. So users can easily add or remove PDF files by dragging and dropping them in or out of the panel. And by dragging the imported PDF files up and down, users can change the conversion order.
Support Multiple Languages:
· PDF to Excel is offering support for the following languages: English, Turkish, Thai, Latin, Greek, Korean, Cyrillic, Japanese and Chinese.
· Support Adobe PDF 1.0-1.7
· Support Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac
· Available on Mac OS X 10.5-10.6
· Standalone, do not require Adobe Reader or Acrobat or Microsoft Excel
· CPU: Intel (32bit) 512MHz
· Hard Disk: 100M and above
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supported auto detection of scanned PDF files;
· Speeded up the conversion process.