PDF/X Checkup is a plug-in for Adobe Acrobat for creating and preflighting PDF/X-1a an PDF/X-3 files.
PDF/X Checkup 3.05 includes two additional plugins - imageAlter and BoxEditor. imageAlter allows you to modify the resolution, compression and color of images inside a PDF file. BoxEditor is an innovative plug-in for quickly editing the bleed and trim boxes required by PDF/X. BoxEditor has a library for storing frequently used publication specifications. That is $300 worth of plug-ins for free!
Here are some key features of "PDF X Checkup":
· Supports both ISO PDF/X-1a:2001 and PDF/X-3:2002 standards.
· Click the Fix All button and Checkup automatically fixes most errors to produce a legal PDF/X file.
· Checkup adds any missing tags required by PDF/X standards.
· OutputIntents - Checkup can add or modify OutputIntents as required by PDF/X standards using either a registered name or an ICC profile.
· The Details window lists all of the errors or warnings found during preflight.
· A complete report can be saved as a text file.
· PDF/X Plus Workflow checks can detect TrueType fonts, JPEG images, spot colors, image resolution and more.
· Detects PDF 1.4 transparency.
What's New in This Release:
· Version 3.05 adds several new features including full support for PDF/X-3
· additional PDF/X Plus workflow checks and compatibilty with Acrobat 6 and MacOS X.