Orange is an easy to use, unique, open source data visualization and analysis for novice and experts.
Data mining through visual programming or Python scripting. Components for machine learning. Add-ons for bioinformatics and text mining. Packed with features for data analytics.
Here are some key features of "Orange":
· Visual Programming
· Design your data analysis process through visual programming. Orange remembers your choices, suggests most frequently used combinations, and intelligently chooses which communication channels between widgets to use.
· Orange is packed with different visualizations, from scatterplots, bar charts, trees, to dendrograms, networks and heatmaps.
· Interaction and Data Analytics
· Actions seamlessly propagate through data analysis schema. Selection of data subset in one widget can automatically trigger change of display in the other one. By combining various widgets you can design data analytics framework of choice.
· Over 100 widgets and growing. Coverage of most of standard data analysis tasks. Also specialized add-ons are available, like Bioorange for bioinformatics.
· With scripting interface in Python, programming new algorithms and developing complex data analysis procedures is pure joy, using and reusing all power found in visual programming and more.
· You can develop your own widgets, extend scripting interface or even create your own self-contained add-ons, all seamlessly integrating with the rest of Orange, allowing components and code reuse.
· Covering both first steps into visual programming, providing detailed presentation of all widgets available, and guiding you into all-powerful scripting, comprehensive documentation gives you an easy entrance into the fruitful land of data adventures, keeping you safe and prosperous along the way.
· Orange is open source with active community. You can freely browse and access the source code, extend and reuse it, participate in its development, while the community provides you with the support, guidance and ideas. Or maybe even joins you in developing the next super-feature.
· Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and variety of Linux operating systems.