OCRKit is a straightforward and smooth-running Mac OS X app designed to help its users quickly convert PDFs or image graphics into searchable PDF files.
OCRKit uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to be able to identify text in graphic files, which is particular useful for PDFs you got via e-mail, created using DTP, office apps, with a copier or scanner.
NOTE: To buy OCRKit via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "OCRKit":
· Create searchable PDFs simply by dragging a document on the OCRKit application or dock icon. The OCR engine supports the following languages: English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
· No limits in the number of pages of the PDF or TIFF document. No limits on the number of pages that can be proceed a day.
Simply drag and drop:
· In order to convert the files you just have to drag and drop the document onto the OCRKit application or dock icon.
User Interface localizations:
· The OCRKit user-interface is available in the following languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional)
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved user interface
· various other improvements