MozyHome is an easy-to-use, fast, and secure backup service for any computer in any home.
MozyHome does not require an external hard drive, expensive subscription services, CD's or DVD's to burn. All you need is a broadband connection and you are ready to go.
Mozy is an online backup service which keeps a backup copy of your files in one of our data centers. If you lose your original files, you can get a copy of them from Mozy.
Note that Mozy is not a file sharing or archiving service. Other people will not be able to download your files.
So, if you delete an original file on your computer, Mozy assumes that you no longer need a backup copy and will remove it from our servers after 30 days.
Moreover, Mozy only uploads new files and the parts of an existing file that have changed.
NOTE: In order to use Mozy you must register HERE for a free account that offers 2 GB backup space.
Here are some key features of "MozyHome":
· Open/locked file support: Mozy will back up your documents whether they're open or closed.
· 128-bit SSL encryption: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
· 448-bit Blowfish encryption: Secures your files while in storage, providing peace of mind that your private data is safe from hackers.
· Automatic: Schedule the times to back up and MozyHome does the rest.
· New and changed file detection: MozyHome finds and saves the smallest changes.
· Backs up Outlook files: Disaster-proof email protection.
· Block-level incremental backup: After the initial backup, MozyHome only backs up files that have been added or changed, making subsequent backups lightning fast.
· Backup Sets require Spotlight to be activated.
· Internet connection.
· Mozy account.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New and Changed Features:
· Personal key encryption now uses AES rather than Blowfish.
· Now can search for files and folders to restore.
· Now can specify days of the week on which to limit backup speed.
· Now can use the command line interface to specify automatic backup schedule options.
· Fixed an issue that caused the backup software to fail when it cannot access a proxy server.
· When the metadata of a file changes, the entire file is no longer required to upload.
· Fixed an issue where a file system error was incorrectly reported as a client error.
· Fixed an issue that prevented users from properly upgrading from version 1.7.3 of the backup software.
· Fixed an issue that caused the backup software to unnecessarily attempt to retrieve an external encryption key.
· Fixed an issue that prevented the backup software from sending all connections and requests through the proxy server.
· Fixed an issue where a backup could continue to run for an extended period after being paused.
· Added s...