Mira is a no-frills Mac OS X application that offers you a personal control for your Apple remote.
Designed exclusively for the Apple Remote, Mira takes it beyond Front Row and gives you personal control for any application, on any Mac.
Why limit yourself to opening only Front Row when Mira provides a giant menu that you can see across the room? The Mira Launch Menu lets you decide what appears inside it and how it should look. It's not limited to applications either, you can launch documents and AppleScripts too.
Mira is for Everyone
Just point and click one of the on-screen buttons to select what it should do. Mira has been designed to be powerful, yet compact and extremely easy to use.
You don't have to know anything about programming or wait for anyone else to create scripts. If you know how to use the keyboard and a mouse, you can use Mira right away to control any program.
Here are some key features of "Mira":
· A versatile (and giant) Launch Menu, that you can see across the room, lets you decide what appears inside it and what it should look like.
· DuoPress Actions supporting short and long press of every button on the Apple Remote for two times the control possibilities. It also supports different actions depending on application state (e.g. DVD Player menu vs. playback)
· Keystroke sending to foreground or any specific application, transparent AppleScript launching, special system commands including volume control and more actions to give you truly "Personal Control."
· Any Mac with USB
· Apple Remote
· IR Receiver
· 30 days trial.
· This trial version is limited to 10 active Application Profiles and 6 Launch Menu items.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Decibel audio player
· Support for Audirvana audio player
· Support for Google Chrome web browser
· Support for Netflix Full Screen control in Google Chrome
· Profile for Keynote with new DuoPress commands
· Installation built with the new Packages tool
· Plex/Nine (older Plex) profile updated to use new commands
· Login Items auto-start in Mountain Lion
· Signed Certificate for OS X 10.8 Gatekeeper
· Revised Installer to address potential permissions issues
· Intel and PowerPC Universal binary to support all Macs (OS X 10.5+)