MediaWiki is a powerful wiki engine originally developed for the Wikipedia project and now deployed on many sites around the world. This JumpBox includes MediaWiki version 1.9.3.
A JumpBox is a virtual appliance that bundles a server based application along with all of its dependancies (database, operating system, libraries and management interface) into a single pre-configured unit.
JumpBox will make deploying that application drop dead simple and gives you a working application in minutes for what would normally take hours.
Here are some key features of "JumpBox for MediaWiki Wiki":
· An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
· A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
· A backup system that enables data security and portability.
· Virtualization software. Either VMWare, Xen or Parallels
· 3GB Free disk space
· Minimum 1GB System RAM (Virtual Machine uses 256MB)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· MediaWiki was updated to version 1.20.5. Users should be able to restore from the MediaWiki JumpBox version 1.0 and later.
· This MediaWiki update is a security and bug fix release. For full detail see the MediaWiki release notes: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.20