Lion Disk Maker is a small and free AppleScript based application that one can use to burn a DVD or build a bootable USB key from Mac OS X Lion’s installer app.
As soon as you launch the application, Lion Disk Maker will check if the Mac OS X Lion Install app is in the /Applications folder, or it will try to find one using Spotlight. If a Lion installer is found, it proposes to build a DVD or create a USB bootable install disk.
To burn the DVD, you’ll need a SuperDrive and a writable DVD (single layer, 4,7 GB for Lion, or dual-Layer, 8,5 DVD-R). To build a bootable disk, you’ll need an 8 GB (minimum) USB thumb key drive, a USB or Firewire drive or an SD-Card.
WARNINGS: The whole content of the drive (including every other volume of the drive) used to create the bootable Lion disk will be erased! Please backup any data on another disk if necessary.
· Mac OS X Lion installer app
· 8 GB+ writable DVD or USB key
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug which could prevent mounting the InstallESD.dmg file. This should prevent some hdiutil: attach failed errors.
· AsObjc Runner updated to version 1.9.9.
· Some code enhanced. No big deal.