Capture your displays as a Photoshop layered image
Do it with Layers in no time! Press the capture hotkey or customize your capture in the inspector. You'll obtain a full fledged PSD file with one layer per window, including menu and desktop icons, dock and menubar.
- Layer groups - PSD layers are grouped by window nature: Desktop (with Finder icons), Dock, Main Menu and Applications, overlays, pop-ups, floating windows, and others.
- Inspector - Open the inspector window to customize your capture.
- Fine tuning - In the inspector there are a few options to modify the resulting image. Layers also allows you to toggle between table and outline view.
- Status bar menu - You can access a handy menu using the icon in the status bar. From it you can capture the whole screen or just the frontmost window. You can also open the inspector or quit the application.
- Image formats - Save your capture as a layered PSD image, a composite PNG or as a bunch of images.
- Preferences - Open the preferences window to customize Layers. Assign your favorite hotkey combinations, manage your licence, etc.
- Multidisplay - When there is multiple displays attached you'll be able to choose each one of them separately or any combination of them.
- Dock menu - Don't get lost. If you decide to keep the dock icon visible just click and you'll see the app main menu.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.6.0
- User configurable screen shot file names (custom session name, captured application, window title, date and time, language, session and global counters, user input)