LaunchBar is a sturdy Mac OS X productivity utility that gives instant access to your apps, files, contacts and bookmarks, to your iTunes library, to search engines and more, by entering the sought item's name in short form.
You just press Command+Space or use a pre-defined modifier key to bring LaunchBar input window in the foreground, enter an arbitrary abbreviation, and as soon as you start writing LaunchBar will present to you the best matching results, ready to be opened at once.
Once you’ve retrieved the desired item, LaunchBar offers a multitude of possibilities to work with this item.
You can simply open the item by pressing Return, browse to related items using the left/right arrow keys, send the item to applications, scripts or folders by pressing the Tab key, manipulate files and folders (rename, duplicate, eject, create new folders, move or copy items, etc.), drag the item to other applications, drop files onto the item, sub-search a collection of items, and much much more.
Further, LaunchBar allows you to quickly switch between running applications, access recently used items, access recent clipboard contents, to enter arbitrary web addresses, perform web searches, perform Spotlight searches, or to perform numeric calculations.
Here are some key features of "LaunchBar":
· Adaptive Abbreviation Search
· Application Switcher
· Clipboard History
· Quick Look support
· Instant Send
· Instant Open
· Invoke commands from the Services menu
· Run AppleScripts, Shell Scripts and Automator Workflows
· Comprehensive set of built-in actions
· Browse and Sub-Search
· Navigate through files and folders
· iTunes library browsing and playback control
· Open web bookmarks and history
· Access address book contacts
· Categories to browse items of the same kind
· Web Searches
· Spotlight Searches
· Create iCal events and reminders
· Powerful, extensible Calculator
· Open System Preferences panes
· Switch Network Locations
· Fast User Switching
· Versatile File Operations: Move, Copy, Rename, New Folder, …
· Access invisible files and file package contents
· Access your Apple Development Resources
· Scriptable via AppleScript
· Fully customizable hotkeys
· Modifier Taps
· Powerful configuration and indexing options
· Automatic software update
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW Rich Text Snippets. See our blog post for details.
· Improved “Identically Named Songs”, showing album names if songs are from the same artist.
· Added “Paste in Frontmost Application” action.
· “Wireless Diagnostics.app” is now included in the Applications index.
· Automator Workflows: XML / JSON output gererated by a “Run Shell Script” action is now correctly interpreted by the “Send to LaunchBar” action.
· Fixed some issues related to Snipptes.
· Fixed notification after creating reminders.
· Fixes some issues when creating reminders for today.
· Fixed: Shift-Return didn’t trigger “Open with AppleScript Editor” with scripts requiring text input.