KosmicTask is an AppleScript task sharing application for your Mac. This means that you can incorporate an AppleScript into KosmicTask and make that script task available either remotely or locally.
If you activate KosmicTask's Internet sharing feature then you will be able to access the application quickly, easily and securely via the Internet.
Here are some key features of "KosmicTask":
KosmicTask and AppleScript:
· AppleScriptKosmicTask comes complete with a range of sample AppleScripts that demonstrate the applications capabilities. An integrated editor makes creating and modifying scripts quick and simple.
KosmicTask Data Handling:
· App historyKosmicTask likes data. Whatever output your script produces will be presented in an accessible manner. Text, lists, numbers and files are all catered for.
· KosmicTask can also transfer script results to Mail and other convenient applications. KosmicTask also likes history and preserves a full history of all your script inputs and results.
KosmicTask as a Script Server:
· KosmicTask as a serverKosmicTask can be thought of as an AppleScript server conceived with the aim of getting things done with AppleScript, both locally and remotely. KosmicTask receives a script request, executes it and returns the results.
· KosmicTask is a Mac OS X cocoa app in a client server configuration.
· An iTunes like GUI client connects to a foundation agent.
· The agent initially publishes a list of publicly available scripts to the client.
· If the user authenticates then they receive the complete script catalogue as provided by the server.
· In addition to executing any script an authenticated user can create, edit, delete and publish/unpublish scripts as required.
· KosmicTask utilises Bonjour so automatically connects to any other KosmicTask instance in the local domain.
· KosmicTask can also accept incoming connections from the Internet. An integrated router portmapper helps us accomplish this without too much innocent blood getting spilt.
· KosmicTask likes files. KosmicTask can accept any number of files as input and return any number of new or modified files as a result.
· KosmicTask has SSL encryption enabled by default.
· KosmicTask does not use remote Apple events.
· Some sample scripts may require third party applications.
· 1 GB RAM
· 50 MB disk space
· 21 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
MID 1535: Added editor preferences. Preferences can now be set for the following script editor parameters:
· Font name and size.
· Text, background, invisible character and selection colour.
· Syntax colouring.
· Invisible character display.
· Spell checking.
· Line number display.
· Brace matching.
· Page guide.
· Simple autocomplete.
· Auto insert braces.
· Tab width.
· Auto indent.
· Line wrapping.
· MID 1021: Fixed AppleScript code colouring. Built AppleScript should now be coloured as it is within the AppleScript Editor. Previously KT AppleScript was coloured according to a set of keywords but the nature of AppleScript terminology makes this approach unreliable. The new implementation means that common commands such as 'so shell script' will be correctly coloured. The colours used to highlight AppleScript are those returned by the AppleScript compiler and therefore do not match those defined in the editor preferences.
· MID 1489: Updated documentation to note the removal of support for appscript.