The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
Kick Tolerance is completely interactive and gives to users the possibility to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells, and save the data to files.
This application deals with two concepts: Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Equivalent Weight and Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume. Both with graphical analyzes.
For both the concepts, the calculations uses the Fracture Gradient defined in "Well Configuration -> Gradients" views.
For KT as Maximum Pore Equiv Weight - Plot KT x Maximum Kick Volume
KT (Maximum Pore Equiv Weight) = mudWeight + (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (Fract Equiv Weight - mudWeight) - (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight - kickDensity);
=> Known the Maximum Kick Volume, find the KT as the Maximum Pore Gradient;
For KT as Maximum Pit Gain Volume: Plot KI = the difference ( Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight ) versus Maximum Kick Volume (Pit Gain)
KI (Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight) = (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (Fract Equiv Weight - mudWeight) - (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight - kickDensity);
=> Known the difference (Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight), find the Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
NOTE: To buy Kick Tolerance via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Kick Tolerance":
Calculation of the Kick Tolerance by this App:
· Hmax below the casing shoe = (MaxSICP - SIDPP) / (0.052 x (ρmud-ρkick));
· MaxSICP = 0.052 x (ρfracture - ρmud) x CasingShoeTVD
· SIDPP = 0.052 x KI x Well TVD
· Calculate V1 = Maximum Volume annulus bellow the casing shoe;
· Calculate V2 at bottom = (V1 x Pfracture) / Ppore;
· Calculate V3 = Volume annulus at bottom using Hmax;
· The kick tolerance is the smaller of the two volumes between V2 and V3.
· This KT is showed in the Graph: KI versus KT Volume.
· Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
· Included the formulas;
· Ability to work with multiple files (save / load data file);
· Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values;
· Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
· Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
· Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
· Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
· Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
· Selecting the system of units;
· Drill string sections: Drill pipe, Heavy-weight drill pipe, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
· Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Ability to select units also per parameter;
· Ability to import well data from other apps;
· Recalculate DP as necessary to surface automatically with bit on bottom when editing BHA or Well Depth;