OTRS is an Open Source Ticket Request System (also well known as trouble ticket system) with many features to manage customer telephone calls and e-mails.
The system is built to allow your support, sales, pre-sales, billing, internal IT, helpdesk, etc. department to react quickly to inbound inquiries. OTRS is well known for being painful to install, but you'll never know it when you use a JumpBox.
You are one click and about 2 minutes away from having a full installation of OTRS ready and waiting to serve your customers.
Here are some key features of "JumpBox for OTRS":
· An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
· A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
· A backup system that enables data security and portability.
· Virtualization software. Any of: VMWare, Parallels, Xen Open Source, Microsoft Virtual Server, Microsoft Virtual PC, Virtual Iron
· For easiest use: a network that assigns dynamic IP addresses. (Most do)
· 3 GB Free disk space
· Minimum 1 GB System RAM
· Minimum 1 Ghz CPU
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated to OTRS 3.2.5
· This is a general bugfix update to OTRS. See the OTRS release notes for detail on the changes: http://www.otrs.com/en/open-source/community-news/release-notes/release-notes-otrs-help-desk-325/
· The JumpBox should be able to restore from 1.7.3 and newer JumpBoxes. Users with backups from JumpBoxes before 1.7.3 must restore to 1.7.3, then backup and restore again from 1.7.3 to 1.8.3.