A JumpBox is a virtual appliance that bundles a server based application along with all of its dependancies (database, operating system, libraries and management interface) into a single pre-configured unit.
JumpBox will make deploying that application drop dead simple and gives you a working application in minutes for what would normally take hours.
Joomla! is one of the most powerful Content Management Systems in existence and is used widely around the world. This JumpBox includes Joomla!.
Here are some key features of "JumpBox for Joomla":
- An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
- A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
- A backup system that enables data security and portability.
- Virtualization software. Either VMWare, Xen or Parallels. If you don't have virtualization software already you can also download the free VMWare player.
- 3GB Free disk space
- Minimum 1GB System RAM (Virtual Machine uses 256MB) Beta 0.9
- This JumpBox contains version 3.1.1 of Joomla.
- This is a general update to Joomla. See the release announcement for detail: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5499-joomla-3-1-1-stable-released.html
- Upgrade on restore from version 1.7.0 of this JumpBox is possible.
- This JumpBox can also restore from version 1.7.9 of the JumpBox for Joomla 2.5.x. Upon restore the database will be upgraded but modules and anything stored in the file system will not be automatically copied into the Joomla 3 install. The files can be found in a parallel directory under /var/data and can be manually copied once compatibility is verified.