An accessible and very easy to use utility that was developed as a Terminal-based launcher for JasperReports, and can be used with any supported database
NOTE: To use JasperStarter with your database, you need to copy the JDBC driver(s) into the ./jdbc directory of the installation or you can provide the --jdbc-dir option to point to another directory.
- Run any JasperReport that needs a jdbc, csv or empty datasource
- Use with any database for which a jdbc driver is available
- Execute reports that need runtime parameters. Any parameter whose class has a string constructor is accepted. Additionally the following types are supported or have special handlers
- Optionally prompt for report parameters
- Print directly to system default or given printer
- Optionally show printer dialog to choose printer
- Optionally show printpreview
- Export to file in the following formats: pdf, rtf, xls, xlsx, docx, odt, ods, pptx, csv, html, xhtml, xml, jrprint
- Export multiple formats in one commanding call
- Compile, Print and export in one commanding call
- View, print or export previously filled reports (use jrprint file as input)
- Can compile a whole directory of .jrxml files.
- Integrate in non Java applications (for example PHP, Python)
- Includes JasperReports so this is the only tool you need to install
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- [JAS-37] - The artifact org.apache.commons:commons-io:jar:1.3.2 has been
- relocated to commons-io:commons-io:jar:1.3.2
- [JAS-41] - Command "jasperstarter params" gives no useful result if param