JPhotoTagger is a platform independent Photo Manager. You can manage and find fast your photos through keywords, descriptions and other so called metadata ("tags").
With JPhotoTagger speeds up adding or editing tags through automatic keyboard input completion.
All tags will be written into XMP sidecar files and JPhotoTagger's database. The images are left untouched. JPhotoTagger is open to work together with other applications such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
JPhotoTagger automatically reads tags from new and changed sidecar files and updates it's database.
You can tag your photos with e.g. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and JPhotoTagger both even on different operating systems: JPhotoTagger runs on every system where Java is installed.
JPhotoTagger is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "JPhotoTagger":
· Selection Views (left of the application's window)
· File system folders
· Favorite file system folders (user defined and ordered by importance)
· Keywords: Hierarchical and "flat" organization (tree view and list view)
· Saved Searches
· Photo albums (image collections)
· "Smart collections"
· Searching, finding
· Thumbnails Window (middle of the application's window)
· Metadata Views (right to the application's window)
· Powerful Editing
· Edit support
· File system support
· Export IPTC metadata to XMP sidecar files
· Export embedded XMP metadata to sidecar files
· Scheduled task to scan automatically folders for new, modified or deleted images
· Scheduled task for database backups
· Database information and maintainance
· Import images from a folder, e.g. the camera's memory card
· Import from exported Lightroom hierarchical keywords
· Export to Lightroom hierarchical keywords
· Export and import JPhotoTagger's data, which is not written into the XMP sidecar files, e.g. for sharing keyword trees and keyword synonyms between different installations
· Renaming files within the database, e.g. when a drive letter or mount point has been changed
· Thumbnails can be rendered by an external renderer
· Adding external applications to the thumbnails popup menu to handle images
· Defining actions applied to images, e.g. external converters
· Opening location in Google Maps if the image has GPS metadata
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Re-arranged tags in Edit tab: image related data first, photographer etc. second
· Added "City" to Miscellaneous tab