Simple application in Applescript Studio that can do two functions: chronometer and countdown.
In the chronometer section, one can take and record partial times (laps), that can be recorded in a text file, ready to be edited with TextEdit or other editors.
Obviously, it is not a true 1/10 chronometer; anyway, its precision should always be around half a second, while the maximum time interval can be up to many hours. The long term precision is directly related to the internal clock of the Mac.
The second function is a simple countdown clock: you set how long the countdown should last (from 1 second to 24 hours) and at the end an alarm is sound and a message is shown; in case its window is in the background, the icon in the Dock jumps.
Using the preferences, it is also possible to activate the voice of your Mac to say a supplied message (be careful if you are not english!), choose among 9 different sound and set its volume.
All the InerziaTimer commands are also accessible through the keyboard.
NOTE: To buy InerziaTimer via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "InerziaTimer":
It's not just a chronometer:
· InerziaTimer includes all the feature you need to time what you want! You can pause the chronometer and even register laps to export them later: all this features are available directly from your keyboard, using simply and intuitive keys connection.
It's not just a countdown:
· InerziaTimer is also a countdown: use it to countdown a special event, the returning of your favorite TV Show, or whatever you'd like to countdown! And if something stops the event for a while, just click "Stop": when you'll be able to restart the countdown, clicking "Continue" will make InerziaTimer start from the point it was.
It's even an Alarm Clock:
· Countdown is great: even better if you can set up it to a precise date. Say "hello" to the new Alarm Clock feature!
Control everything from your keyboard:
· We have 26 letters and a lot of other keys on our keyboards, so why we use them only to write? InerziaTimer can be controlled directly from the keyboard: start a countdown, set-up the chronometer, stop, register the lap and export, all from the comfort of your keyboard. So, just relax your hands on the comfortable keyboard: they'll thank you!
· Everything looks better and works better, if you customize it: make your own InerziaTimer by messing around with the Preferences > Display window! The only limitation you have is... well the Mac OS X environment (because we hate applications that build their GUIs while starting: they're so annoying and they're not good OS X citizens)!
· The GUI is not the only thing you can customize: even the way InerziaTimer will notice you that a countdown is completed, is completely customizable. Set the text to show, the application to launch, the sound to play and even a phrase to pronounce!
Automatic Update System:
· With the built-in Automatic Update System (based on Sparkle, to ensure the maximum level of security and reliability) you won't miss an update anymore!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The alarm clock now shows also the time remaining.
· French localization added.
· InerziaTimer now presents the standard InerziaSoft “About” window.
· The main window now cannot be closed.
· Credits updated.
· The custom alarm volume now is behaving correctly also when a sound and a speak should play at the same time.