Growl is the ultimate Mac OS X notification system and the easiest possible way to know what is going on with other apps while working on something else.
Growl displays notifications for a lot of apps and can be used in many different ways.
Growl is the best utility to personalize app notifications in a very effective manner. Growl will send notifications in several ways, such as on your Mac's screen, to your e-mail account, or even have speak them to you for when you're not near your Mac but you still want to hear what's happening with your apps.
NOTE: To buy Growl via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Growl":
It works out of the box:
· When you start up a Growl-enabled application, it will just work. There's no complicated setup; just install Growl once and your apps can start displaying notifications right away.
Everything in one place:
· Growl centralizes all your notification preferences into its preferences - you can control them all from one place, and you know exactly how they are going to behave.
Know what happened while you were away:
· Keeps working even when you are not. Come back to your mac and review what happened while you were gone with Rollup. Plus get notifications on the go on your iPhone or iPad via Prowl.
Support for themes:
· Growl comes with almost 20 themes pre-installed so you can pick what works best for you. You can also create and install your own custom themes.
· Growl offers you complete control over which notifications are shown and how they are displayed. You can easily turn notifications (specific ones or all of them) off.
Easy to support for developers:
· If you're interested in supporting Growl in your application or working on Growl itself, check out the developer docs and download the Growl SDK.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Addresses the positioning problem that showed up in 2.0 .
· Addressed multiple crash reports.