Open source server that will help you connect information to the Geospatial Web
You information can be visualized in a large variety of formats, like maps or even geospatial data.
It supports WFS-T and WMS open protocols from the OGC and it can be used to produce PNG, PDF, GML, KML, SVG and JPEG, among others.
- Fully compliant to WMS, WFS (1.0 and 1.1) and WCS specifications, as tested by the CITE conformance tests.
- Easy to use web-based configuration tool - no need to touch long, complicated config files.
- Mature support for PostGIS, Shapefile, ArcSDE, DB2 and Oracle.
- VPF, MySQL, MapInfo, and Cascading WFS are also supported formats.
- On the fly reprojection, with an embedded EPSG database supporting hundreds of projections by default.
- Web Map output as jpeg, gif, png, SVG, GeoJSON GeoRSS.
- Excellent Google Earth Support
- Raw vector data available as GML and zipped Shapefiles through the WFS.
- WCS and WMS Raster support, including support for
- Anti-aliased images.
- Integrated OpenLayers as a default ajax viewer.
- Standards compliant 'by default' - no need to figure out complex configuration options just to serve basic data.
- Streaming data readers: no memory bound limit to the amount of data that can be returned.
- Full SLD support, both user defined (POST and GET), as well as used in styling configuration.
- Full Filter support on all data formats in WFS (but optimized for backend format where possible).
- Support for atomic database transactions through the standard WFS-T protocol, available on all data formats.
- Long Transactions through a full implementation of the Locking portion of the WFS specification.
- Innovative Validation Engine that checks inserted features against a configured set of topological and attributed based rules, to maintain backend integrity.
- Java (J2EE) servlet-based, can run in any servlet container.
- Designed for extension, source code that's a pleasure to read.
- Easy to write new data formats with GeoTools DataStore interfaces and helper classes, making GeoServer the standards based interface to legacy data.
- No need to recompile to support more data formats, GeoTools DataStores instantly plug-in to GeoServer, even showing up as an option in the configuration gui.
- True open source development style, built by a strong community, that you can join and become a part of, tailoring GeoServer for your needs.
- Documentation that details everything in easy to understand language.
- Active email lists for quick support.
- Commercial grade installation, support, customization and improvements available from an eco-system of companies, non-profits, and consulting individuals.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.6.0
- Bug fixes:
- [GEOS-5571] - GwcSettingsPage WicketException if the user adds a new standard gridset
- [GEOS-6245] - Not reporting correct style width/height in GetCaps
- [GEOS-6379] - Unable to add new default gridsets