Find Any File lets you search for files on your disks, primarily on HFS formatted ones.
Contrary to Spotlight, it does not use a database but instead uses the file system driver's fast search operations.
This lets you search for file properties such as name, dates, size, etc., but not for file content (use Spotlight for that)!
Find Any File can find files that Spotlight doesn't, e.g. those inside bundles and packages and in inside folders that are excluded from Spotlight search (i.e. system files).
One of the Find Any File features is speed. Not always as fast as Spotlight, but faster than other, similar file search tools you might find for the Mac.
NOTE: To buy Find Any File via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Find Any File":
· Quite fast
· Convenient folder view for results
· Can search as root user
· Saveable queries
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Stops crashing with "Runtime Error" when accessing inaccessible folders.
· Improves performance when searching on network volumes.
· Fixes display issues when resizing the results columns and when using Quick Look.
· When viewing an item with Quick Look, it can now be opened by pressing Cmd+O.