File Genie is a Mac utility which provides a number of useful and easy to use tools, including one of the best file renames and also one of the best duplicate finders available for OS X.
File Genie's tools feature easy to use drag and drop interface, are quick and memory efficient, and are built with Apple's sandboxing feature (non-filesystem sandboxing) for extra safety.
NOTE: To buy File Genie via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "File Genie":
Search & Destroy:
· Find and delete duplicate files. It can match files by name, size, content, and truncated files. It has auto select feature and exclusion features for both search and file selection.
Batch Image Processor:
· Resize, transform, and convert any number of image files at once. A great tool for every day use, developers, and website work.
File Join and File Split:
· Break large files into smaller parts for email or sharing and combine file segments into whole files.
· Rename many files at ones, either by wildcard replacement or by creating sequences.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
A 6th feature has been added:
· Re-Date which allow changing of file's Creation and Last Modification date.
· The Batch Image Processor now correctly handles all percentage values.
· App can now be closed without having to use Quit menu item.
· Documentation Improvements.