FITS (File Information Tool Set) is a Java based utility for validating, identifying, and extracting technical metadata from a variety of file formats.
Using a number of 3rd party open-source tools, the FITS utility normalizes and consolidates their output, and then reports any errors.
FITS is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the FITS utility on your Mac are available HERE.
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Initial merge and commit from openfits
· Updated Exiftool to 9.06
· Improved video support with Exiftool
· Fixed ordering of File utility command line options
· New configuration option to limit the max number of threads
· Fixed bug in how the include-ext and exclude-ext lists were being processed
· Added a new option to enable output of statistics
· Initial experimental support for Apache Tika - disabled by default.