FBReader is a free and cross-platform e-book reader for your Mac with automatic hyphenation and built-in full-screen mode.
Supported formats are:
· fb2 e-book format (style attributes are not supported yet)
· HTML format (tables are not supported)
· CHM format (tables are not supported)
· plucker format (tables are not supported)
· Palmdoc (aportis doc)
· zTxt (Weasel format)
· TCR (psion text) format
· RTF format (stylesheets and tables are not supported)
· OEB format (css and tables are not supported)
· OpenReader format (css and tables are not supported)
· Non-DRM'ed mobipocket format (tables are not supported)
· Plain text format
FBReader will also allow you to read e-books from within tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives (multiple books in one archive are supported).
Here are some key features of "FBReader":
· Automatic library building.
· Automatic language and character encoding detection is supported.
· Automatically generated contents table.
· Embedded images support.
· Footnotes/hyperlinks support.
· Position indicator.
· Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs.
· List of last opened books.
· Automatic hyphenations. Liang's algorithm is used. The same algorithm is used in TeX, and TeX hyphenation patterns are used in FBReader. Patterns for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian are included in the current version.
· Text search.
· Full-screen mode.
· Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· First public release for Mac OS
· Application menu
· Keyboard shortcuts for popular actions
· New preferences dialog
· Page header is shown by default in the main window instead of scrollbar
· Text search does not work in this release