EclipseCommander is a cross-platform Eclipse based file manager that allows you to browse and manage the files and folders on your Mac's hard drive in a dual pane window.
In addition, you will be able to create Virtual Tag Folders, a special type of folders in which you can gather related files without occupying any disk space.
To copy files to Virtual Tag Folders, simple select files in one of the panes, then use the Copy button on the toolbar. The files / folders will be instantly copied.
EclipseCommander can also be used as an Eclipse plug-in.
EclipseCommander is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "EclipseCommander":
· Dual pane window
· Organize related data in Virtual Tag Folders
· Copy / Move / Create Files & Folders / Rename / Delete
· Built-in text editor
· Search and create new file / folder function
· Classic keyboard shortcuts
· Customize the font and colors
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved search dialog
· implemented file indexer for fast searching
· added transfer speed to copy/move dialog
· a few bugfixes