EasyFind is a supplement or a simple to use and user-friendly alternative to Spotlight which helps you search files, folders or contents in any file without the need for prior indexing.
EasyFind is especially useful if you are tired of impossibly slow indexing, outdated or corrupted indices or if you are just looking for features Spotlight is currently missing.
Here are some key features of "EasyFind":
· Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases.
· Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent.
· Immediate searches, no indexing required.
· Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do).
· Displays the location of each file in a separate column.
· Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later).
· Provides contextual menus and services.
· Supports drag-and-drop.
· Very responsive, thanks to multi-threading.
· Uses very little memory.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW: Share toolbar item. Requires OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
· NEW: Menu commands File > Quick Look and File > Slideshow (like in the Finder).
· NEW: Text in Quick Look panel is selectable and can therefore be copied.
· NEW: Support for GateKeeper on OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
· NEW: Brasilian Portuguese localization by BR Lingo.
· NEW: Ultra-large app icon (1024 x 1024 pixels).
· Improved: Page Up/Down keys work in Quick Look without having to activate the panel first.
· Improved: ⌥Space can be used to open the fullscreen slideshow.
· Improved: Compatibility to OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
· Improved: Compatibility to the Mac App Store.
· Improved: Retina graphics added.
· Improved: Overall reliability and memory management.
· Fixed: Highlighting of occurrences of Unix-Wildcards option didn't work.
· Fixed: Help > Contact didn't work.
· Fixed: Clicking a table column header changed the selection.
· Removed: Support for Mac OS X 10.5.