Duplicate File Remover 1.1
Easily remove duplicate files from your computer
Duplicate File Remover's main target are image files, but it can easily be used for all kinds of files.
Duplicate File Remover is written in the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- Written in Java - works on any platform java runs on - including Linux, Mac, and if your in a pinch, Windows.
- Finds files that are identical to each other, while ignoring the file names, dates, timestamps, and locations.
- Search only specific folders, or an entire drive
- Uses MD5 Checksums to detect duplicates.
- If MD5 isn't good enough, you can optionally do a byte-for-byte comparison of MD5 indicated duplicates.
- Manual or automatic duplicate removal
- Preview for certain file types - jpg's, txt files, etc.