Dragon Express is an easy and fun speech recognition utility that introduces OS X Lion customers to voice recognition for the Mac. Put your words to work without the hassle of typing.
All you have to do is speak and amazingly accurate results will appear instantly in the Dragon Express window. You can dictate anything – even words that wouldn't be found in any dictionary – since Dragon Express is customized to recognize your voice and the words you use.
NOTE: To buy Dragon Express via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Dragon Express":
· Turn Your Voice into Text - Simply open the Dragon Express utility and start talking. Your words will automatically begin to appear in the Dragon Express window. When you're done, Dragon Express will place the transcribed text into the application of your choice.
· Easy to Install, Simple to Use - Download Dragon Express, complete a two-minute enrollment so that the utility can better recognize your unique voice, and start dictating. It's that easy. The utility is conveniently available at any time – since Dragon Express is loaded locally on your Mac, there's no need for network connectivity. To dictate, simply invoke the menu bar icon and start talking. When you're done, select the application in which you want your text to appear, and Dragon Express will place the text for you.
· Amazing Accuracy - After a brief microphone set-up and voice training, users benefit from a trained profile customized for their unique voice. This profile yields better accuracy than a non-customized speech recognition tool, especially for users with accents. Add custom words to the Dragon Express vocabulary (such as acronyms and proper names) so that it is prepared to recognize the unique words and terms that you use.
· Works with the Applications you Use Everyday - Dictate into the Dragon Express window and then route the transcribed text into any native OS X application on your Mac. It’s fast and easy to place your text wherever you need it: transfer icons within the Dragon Express window include the active application (such as Microsoft Word or Text Edit) as well as popular applications such as Mail, Facebook and Twitter. Or you copy it to the clipboard and paste it anywhere.
· No Limit to Productivity - Dictate as much text as you’d like; there are no limitations on the amount of text you can dictate into the Dragon Express window. Dragon Express includes the ability to select and delete text by voice as well as the convenient “scratch that” command that can be used when you change your mind. But there’s no need to memorize voice commands – focus on capturing your thoughts and ideas instead.
· Dragon Express Knows When to Listen - Dragon Express can be used with the internal microphone of your Mac, but a USB headset is recommended. (It is not designed to work with a wireless microphone or digital recorder.) Dragon Express "listens" for your voice when the Dragon Express window is open and stops transcribing your voice when you click off the window. When you invoke Dragon Express again, your text will be waiting in the window until you place it within a specific application – so you never need to worry about accidentally deleting or losing your text.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug Fixes
· Character counter for Twitter posts