Disk Inspector is an OS X utility which allows you to locate "space eaters" - the biggest files and folders on your Mac's disks.
Thinking about buying a new disk? Hold on before you do. First remove any unused stuff from your computer. Use Disk Inspector to find the biggest files on your Mac, and remove the unused files.
To do that, it scans the disk file structure, and shows your files and folders on the disk in a sunburst-like diagram. Bigger items are bigger on the diagram, so it's really easy to find bigger ones.
Disk Inspector allows you to scan: Hard Disk Volumes, CD and DVD disks, Flash drives, External storage disks, and even mounted DMG volumes!
NOTE: To buy Disk Inspector via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Disk Inspector":
· Easy to find huge files and folders
· Quick Disk scanning process
· Colorful files structure report
· Drill-down looking folders
· Operates local volumes, USB Flash devices, external Hard Disks
· Collect and order your photo collections
· Organize your video and music collection
· Keep your storage free of unused files
· Organize and identify data you need rarely, back-up or remove them
· 7 scans trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Retina display support added