Desktop Manager is a free virtual desktop manager that places an unobtrusive desktop pager in the menubar and allows fast switching of desktops either with hotkeys or by clicking in the pager.
Desktop Manager is designed to be fast, lightweight, and just work.
Here are some key features of "Desktop Manager":
· Have any number of named virtual 'screens' (up to available memory) to arrange your programs on. Have one screen to keep your mail programs, one for web-browsing, one for work. The possibilities are almost endless.
· Exciting switch transitions to make all your Windows/Linux using friends green with envy.
· Control switching via fully configurable 'hotkeys'.
· Get an instant overview of your desktops via a status-bar based 'pager'.
· Move windows around in desktops via a desktop-based 'pager'.
· Desktop pager compatible with CodeTek VirtualDesktop skins.
· Move windows between desktops easily via status-bar menu or Expos�-like 'Operations Menu'.
· Sticky window support - have one window on all desktops.
· Active edge support - switch desktop when the mouse moves past the edge of the screen.
· Desktop notification bezel - pops up on desktop switch to help you orient yourself.
· Current desktop name available on desktop background to help you keep track.
· Small, unobtrusive app - can be made to be totally invisible if you want. Designed to get out of your way and act like a part of the OS.