Knowledge is represented in a semantic network and is handled collaboratively.
DeepaMehta combines interdisciplinary research with the idea of Open Source to generate a true benefit for workflow as well as for social processes. At the same time Deepa Mehta is an indian movie director.
Instead of handling information through applications, windows and files with DeepaMehta, the user handles all kind of information directly and individually.
DeepaMehtas user interface is completely based on Mind Maps / Concept Maps.
DeepaMehta is a "networked semantic desktop" that replaces the traditional computer desktop. DeepaMehta rids the user from dealing with applications, files and directories.
Instead, the DeepaMehta user arranges information of any kind and origin into supportive topic maps. Topics may be e.g. projects, notes, articles, contacts, emails, webpages, or meetings. Users define their own topic types.
The DeepaMehta desktop serves as a visual cache of the users actual work context.
· Java 1.4 or later
· Optional: Apache Tomcat or another servlet engine
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In the type builder: easy navigation to a type's View Configuration (#364).
· Clicking the user name link in the upper/right corner reveals the User Account topic of the current user. This is useful for changing the password (#415).
· The "Edit" command is also available in the topic's and association's context menu (#416).
· File browser access control: the "Upload File" and "Create Folder" commands are available only for authorized users (#409).
· Encoded passwords are not visible in the webclient (#375).
· More complex searches for composite topics: you can e.g. search a person by its entire name. And you can search Persons or Institutions by combined Address terms (#420).
· Updating composite values perform faster (#339).
· More familiar wording of DM Core concepts: "Parent/Child" replaces "Whole/Part". This benefits both, API and GUI (#67).
· For developers: the Neo4j Shell can be launched while DeepaMehta is running [3601ae4a].
· Access Contro...