Folder Tidy (formerly known as Clean My Desktop) is a simple to use Mac OS X app that will help you to organize the files in any of your messy folders (including the Desktop).
Folder Tidy features an easy to use interface along with lots of custom options.
NOTE: To buy Folder Tidy via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Folder Tidy":
· Organize your files into sub-folders based on the file type and/or custom rules.
· Choose what types of files to clean up.
· Choose files and folders to ignore during a clean up.
· Choose where to put the cleaned up files and folders.
· Options to ignore aliases, folders and anything with a label.
· Ability to undo the clean up.
· Watch the files animate to their new locations!
· Over 100 five star ratings internationally.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tidying works on folders where there is no Spotlight information, or it is set to be ignored.
· Added an "is not" option for type rule. This can be used to ignore folders and only work on files.
· Added "Turn All On" and "Turn All Off" buttons for the rules.
· Added the ability to double click your rules to start editing them.
· Fixed issue where "name contains" wouldn't always work properly.
· Misc improvements to the rules engine.