xScan (formerly known as CheckUp) is a Mac OS X application designed to help you monitor your Mac's health and behavior in a straightforward and simple manner.
xScan does this in real time therefore there is no more need to go ‘beneath the hood’ to unearth all those technical details that may affect your system. xScan done all the work for you.
xScan is capable of detecting common problems with a Mac and its OS X system, and will also give useful tips to aid you fix them.
The first thing you will doubtlessly notice about xScan is its minimal and intuitive interface. Upon opening it, you will be welcomed by a simple black Toolbar on the right-hand side of your screen. That is all.
xScan will allow you to manage and track your Mac’s system with as little interruption to your work as possible. From the options, you can quickly set on which side of the screen the Toolbar appears on, and also customize the Toolbar’s transparency.
NOTE: To buy xScan via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "xScan":
· Detect the most common issues on a Mac including
· all hardware failures (information from sensors included on the motherboard and fans) and all hard drives failures (information from S.M.A.R.T. status)
· Full alerts management (you can setup the level of alerts. Option to receive alerts per email)
· Monitor the behavior and temperature of processors (level of charge)
· Monitor the size of your disks (level of free space even for hidden partitions)
· Monitor the state of processes: used memory and processor level (even for background processes)
· Monitor the used bandwidth (IN and OUT)
· Detect the communication of Apps with remote servers
· Detect available wifi networks with useful technical information
· Display the main information of your computer
· Display the number of items (Apps, Fonts, Widgets, Plug-ins, Drivers, etc)
· Display a visual map of any directory (innovative chart)
· Uninstall Apps with related items
· View recent crash reports from Apps or the system
· Export a report to PDF format
· 7 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: New button to clear alerts
· Fix: Improved support of multiple screens
· Fix: Improved reliability