A free and easy to use electronic cash system
Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly
with each other, with the help of a P2P network to check for double-spending.
- Transfer money easily through the Internet, without having to trust middlemen.
- Third parties can’t prevent or control your transactions.
- Bitcoin transactions are practically free, whereas credit cards and online payment systems typically cost 1-5% per transaction plus various other merchant fees up to hundreds of dollars.
- Be safe from the instability caused by fractional reserve banking and bad policies of central banks. The limited inflation of the Bitcoin system’s money supply is distributed evenly (by CPU power) throughout the network, not monopolized by the banks.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Avoid a segfault on getblock if it can’t read a block from disk
- Add paranoid return value checks in base58