Bigloo is a Scheme implementation devoted to one goal: enabling Scheme based programming style where C(++) is usually required.
Bigloo attempts to make Scheme practical by offering features usually presented by traditional programming languages but not offered by Scheme and functional programming. Bigloo compiles Scheme modules.
Bigloo delivers small and fast stand alone binary executables. Bigloo enables full connections between Scheme and C programs, between Scheme and Java programs, and between Scheme and C# programs.
- modification of the object system (language design and implementation),
- new APIs (alsa, flac, mpg123, avahi, csv parsing),
- new library functions (UDP support),
- new regular expressions support,
- new garbage collector (Boehm's collection 7.3alpha1).