BaseX is a native XML database that features compact storage structures, efficient XPath and XQuery implementations and a visual frontend, facilitating interactive access to the data.
BaseX is written in Java and should work on all major operating systems.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· updates on different databases can now be executed in parallel and won't lock your read-only queries anymore: http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Transaction_Management
· when errors are raised, the full stack trace is now returned
· the EXPath Geo Module, Fetch Module and HTML Module have been added: http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Module_Library
· the Validation, XSLT, Database and Profiling Module have been updated
· error messages are now clickable and linked with the text editor
· trace/profiling output is redirected to the info view in realtime