Apple Configurator is a Mac OS X Lion that makes it very easy for anyone to deploy iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in their school or business.
Three simple workflows will allow you to prepare new IOS devices for immediate distribution, monitor devices that need to have a standard configuration, and assign iOS devices to users.
Apple Configurator allows you to quickly update the 30 devices at once to the latest version of iOS, configure, and install applications and data for students, employees or employers.
Apple Configurator can be used by large organizations and companies to batch setup new devices, install business applications, and to register each device with a mobile device management solution for remote management.
NOTE: To download Apple Configurator via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Apple Configurator":
· Configure up to 30 devices at a time
· Update devices to the latest version of iOS
· Create and restore a backup of settings and app data from one device to other devices
· Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to new devices*
· Use the built-in editor to create and install iOS configuration profiles
· Enroll devices with your Mobile Device Management solution for remote management
· Organize supervised devices into custom groups
· Automatically apply common configurations to supervised devices
· Quickly reapply a configuration to a supervised device and remove the previous user’s data
· Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to supervised devices*
· Define and apply common or sequential names to all devices
· Restrict supervised devices from syncing with other computers
· Add users and groups manually or autopopulate via Open Directory or Active Directory
· Check out a device to a user and restore the user’s settings and data on that device
· Check in a device from a user and and back up the data for later use, possibly on a different device
· Apply custom text, wallpaper, or the user’s picture to a device’s Lock screen
· Import and export documents between your Mac and Apple Configurator
· Sync documents between assigned devices and Apple Configurator
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Significantly improved reliability, scalability and performance
· A new status view that includes time estimates and error information with recovery suggestions
· Ability to cancel scheduled or in-progress operations
· Administrators can install apps on devices configured to not allow users to install apps