Do you love the Mac App Store's fantastic selection of apps but find it frustrating for zeroing in on the apps you really need?
Have you ever wished the Mac App Store had better searching, or a wish list to remember apps you are interested in without immediately purchasing them?
Would you like to open multiple apps at once and compare them side by side, or quickly find apps that are on sale?
Now you can do all that and more with Appalicious, a new shopping assistant program that works in concert with the Mac App Store to streamline the entire app selection process from search to installation.
Here are some key features of "Appcuity (formerly Appalicious)":
· Powerful Searching & Sorting - Appalicious lets you search and rank apps by any combination of fields, including name, company, price, discount, release date, ratings and description. You can even save your favorite search and sort combinations so that you can use them again later.
· Discount Tracking - Did you know that every day hundreds of apps are on sale in the Mac App Store (see table on right)? The average discount is generally over 50% and some apps are even temporarily free! Appalicious is designed to make it easy to discover what's on sale in order to get big savings!
· Version & Price History - Appalicious keeps track of the version and price history for every app over time, so you can see at a glance not only where an app is now but where it has been in the past. Is this app updated frequently? How often does it go on sale? The answers are only a click away.
· RAM Based Speed - Appalicious uses ProVUE's RAM based database engine for lightning fast searching and sorting.
· One Click Transfer to Mac App Store - Once you've found an app you want, one click opens the corresponding page in the Mac App store to purchase and download the app.
· Customizable Spreadsheet Interface - The main app list window uses a spreadsheet like interface to make it easy to rapidly scan apps visually. The spreadsheet can display all 18 columns of available app info (including pricing, discounts, ratings, descriptions and more) or you can easily set up your own favorite arrangements.
· View Multiple Apps at Once - Each app detail page opens in a separate window, making it easy to compare two or more apps side by side.
· Wish List & Searchable Notes - The Appalicious wish list makes it easy to keep track of apps that you are interested in but aren't ready to buy. You can also add your own searchable notes to any application, and the Recent menu lets you jump back to any app you have recently looked at.
· Access App Information Offline - Appalicious lets you search for and view app information even if you don't currently have an internet connection.
· Subscribe for Pennies per Day - All the benefits of Appalicious are available for just pennies per day, and you can earn free subscription credits by referring your friends and colleagues.
· Full Documentation - Appalicious includes complete documentation available in the app or on the web.
· 7 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed name to Appcuity
· Added ranking data (Rank, Peak Rank, Peak Rate, ChartWeeks, rank history in detail window)
· New search options for system requirements, allows searching for apps that will work on Snow Leopard or are Lion only
· During clean install now asks if you want to add Appcuity to the dock, this can also be done from the Special menu in the Preferences dialog.
· Added Appcuity Lite free subscription option
· Now correctly locates the Application Support folder on non-English systems
· Now displays an error message if you attempt to run it from the DMG drive.