pwSafe provides its users with simple and secure password management across their computers and portable devices.
pwSafe comes with an iCloud sync feature that will allow you to keep your password databases backed-up and synced between all your Macs and iOS devices.
pwSafe uses the encryption code directly from the famous open source Password Safe password manager, instead of trusting on a single developer's security knowledge.
NOTE: To buy pwSafe via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "pwSafe":
· iCloud sync, realtime and bi-directional
· Syncs with iOS devices and many types of computers with Dropbox (requires Dropbox app)
· Syncs with many types of computers via other cloud storage services
· Generates strong passwords
· Compatible with the famous open source Password Safe desktop app
· Search in all fields
· Organize entries in groups
· Multiple fields (title, username, password, URL, email and notes)
· Full unicode support
· Multiple safes
· Unlimited passwords
· Unlimited password groups
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Print a hardcopy of your data
· Password history (per safe and per entry settings)
· Named password policies
· Fully compatible with pwSafe 4 and Password Safe version 3.29 file format
· Empty groups are now persistent
· Preferences window with many requested options
· Reloads safe automatically when externally modified (e.g. Dropbox app updates it)
· Allows editing of the default username
· Lots of hotkeys (see menus)
· Lock safe & clear password from pasteboard on computer sleep.
· Clear password from pasteboard on app exit.
· Printing on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion would not work
· Notes field did not have scrollbars
· Slow animation when renaming an entry
· Password clearing timeout was not working
· A crash when starting pwSafe