32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector is a very easy to use application that allows you to choose to boot in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode.
Here are some key features of "32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector":
· Shows whether you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit processor.
· Shows whether you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit EFI.
· Shows whether the MacOS X Kernel is set to boot in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode.
· Allows you to select whether you want to start the MacOS X Kernel in 32-bit or in 64-bit mode (the setting might be ignored on MacBooks, depending on how Apple implements the restriction).
· Accompanying webpage explains what the whole commotion about 32-bit and 64-bit in MacOS X Snow Leopard is about.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: added info for MacBookPro5,4.
· New: improved feedback window.
· Bug fix: resolved issue when no boot mode was set.